The world is divided into two camps: Those who can live without chocolate, and those who think about it dozens of times a day. For the latter group, few things smooth out the edges of a rough day like a dose of the sweet, creamy stuff, whether it's in a cookie, on top of an ice-cream cone or all by itself in a decadent square.
Unfortunately, given its higher fat and sugar content, chocolate isn't high on the list of diet-friendly foods. For many people embarking on a weight loss plan, it's often one of the first things on the "taboo" list—but most experts agree that deprivation can often lead to a relapse into unhealthy habits. Plus, life is just more fun with a little chocolate…just maybe not a triple-decker fudge brownie sundae. By making smart, portion-controlled splurges in moderation, you can satisfy your sweet tooth without cancelling out all of your hard work.
1. Vegan Caramel Chocolate Turtles: This simplified, 15-minute, healthier version of caramel chocolate turtles is made with only five ingredients.
2. No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Balls: These four-ingredient, no-bake cookie balls take less than 10 minutes to make and are a great, wholesome snack.
3. Vegan Energy Balls: This seven-ingredient, gluten-free recipe is packed full of protein, vitamins and nutrients with only three grams of sugar per ball.
4. Banana Chocolate Chip Snack Cake: Made with whole wheat and naturally sweetened, this hits the spot any time of day.
5. Chocolate Avocado Tart: Made with avocado and cocoa powder and sweetened with melted chocolate, this tantalizing no-bake tart has a gluten-free crust with dates and walnuts.
6. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Smoothie: With all of the rich, buttery taste of your favorite dessert, this low-calorie protein shake makes a nutritious breakfast or snack recipe.
7. Power Cookies: Packed with rolled oats, coconut, pecans and chocolate chips, this sweet treat has less sugar than most granola bars.
8. Chocolate Chip Zucchini Brownies: So rich, decadent and delicious, no one will realize they are secretly healthy.
9. Healthy Chocolate Coffee Creamer: When you're looking for a decadent, yet guilt-free way to sweeten your coffee, look no further than this all-natural creamer, made with coconut milk and sweetened with honey and cocoa powder.
10. Skinny No Bake Coconut Bars: Sure to satisfy your sweet tooth, they're made with only five simple ingredients and won't ruin your diet.
11. Healthy Chocolate Chip Muffins: Whole grain, low in sugar and dairy-free, they’re also soft, fluffy and seriously loaded with chocolate chips.
12. Avocado Chocolate Mousse: The truly healthy dessert that ticks all the right boxes. It’s vegan, too, but you wouldn’t know it!
13. Healthy Bounty Bars: This homemade version of the classic Mounds bar is made with only four ingredients, and is no-bake, refined sugar-free, low-carb and super healthy.
14. Pistachio Butter Cups: When you make your own at home with wholesome ingredients, you know exactly what goes in, so you can feel good about your afternoon treat.
15. Cocoa Date Nut Truffles: Get the health benefits of dates, almonds and cashews and the sweet satisfaction of cocoa and coconut.
16. Snickers Protein Bars: Made with 100 percent real, guilt-free ingredients, this delicious, no-bake protein snack is gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, egg-free, flourless and kid-friendly.
17. Chocolate Turtle Bars: Made with a grain-free chocolate shortbread crust, topped with coconut milk and honey caramel, and then smothered with chocolate and pecans, a little of this dessert goes a long way.
18. No-Churn Chocolate Ice Cream: No ice cream maker? No problem! This dairy-free chocolate ice cream is ready in minutes—and it's sugar-free, gluten-free and low-carb.
19. Copycat Ferrero Rocher Truffles: This vegan version of the popular treat is high in protein, free of refined sugar and, best of all, requires no cooking.
20. Avocado Chocolate Mousse Cake: Who would have thought avocado would play so nicely—and deliciously—with chocolate?
21. Creamy Cashew Milkshake–Chocolate Style: This deliciously smooth shake can be made any way you like—just follow the simple instructions and you’ll have a delicious, refreshing treat in five minutes.
22. Chocolate Chia Cake: Easy to make, this delicious and versatile dessert is perfect for the novice baker. It's also Paleo, gluten-free, eggless and flourless, making it a guilt-free indulgence.
23. Peanut-Butter Stuffed Brownie Bites: Chocolate and peanut butter is a classic combo that never fails.
24. Raspberry & Dark Chocolate Protein Brownies: Deliciously moist and gooey, this melt-in-your-mouth treat is also protein-packed, Paleo, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, egg-free and flourless.
25. Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies: Healthy and delicious, they're made from only whole grains with flaxseed for an extra fatty acid nutrition boost.
26. Small Batch Trail Mix Cookies: Enjoy healthy trail mix in a deliciously chewy-in-the-middle, crispy-around-the-edges cookie form.
27. Chocolate Coconut Almond Energy Balls: Perfect for a quick-and-easy snack when you're craving chocolate but want something nutritious and with staying power.
28. Chocolate Quinoa Crunch Bars: These dairy-free chocolate quinoa crunch bars are free of refined sugar, plus they contain healthy protein from the toasted quinoa.
29. Greek Yogurt Chocolate Zucchini Cake: This lightened-up version is fudgy, moist and full of rich chocolate flavor.
30. Nice Cream Milk Shakes: "Nice" cream—made from frozen and pureed bananas—tastes just like the real thing, and is even better when sweetened with chocolate.
31. Raw Paleo Brownies: They're ooey, gooey and topped with a silky chocolate avocado frosting. Plus, they’re no bake and made with wholesome ingredients.
32. Healthy Chocolate and Rum Balls: This recipe is 100 percent natural and sweetened with dates and maple syrup, making it the perfect treat for anybody wanting to stay away from refined sugar and all-purpose flour.